Back to How to
Lock and unlock your tablet screen
Locking your tablet screen prevents accidental or unauthorized use. For additional security, you can set up your tablet to require a PIN or password each time you want to use it. To set up your tablet for PIN or password protection, do the following.
To lock your tablet
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- From the left pane, select Location and security.
- Tap Configure lock screen.
- Select one of the following:
- PIN: Select this option if you wish to use a numeric code to lock and unlock your tablet.
- Password: Select this option if you wish to use a typed word to lock and unlock your tablet.
- Type the desired PIN or Password.
- Tap Continue.
- Confirm your PIN or Password and tap OK.
- Tap Location and Security.
- Tap Timeout.
- Select the desired time after the screen turns off that your tablet will lock.
Your tablet is locked.
To unlock your tablet
- Press the Power button.
- Type your PIN or Password.
- Tap OK.
Your tablet is unlocked.
NOTE: If you type an incorrect PIN or password during five consecutive attempts, you will have to wait 30 seconds before another attempt can be made.