Why go with Windows® Phone?
Windows® Phone is fast
- Messaging Threads - Post to your choice of social networks in one click and view all the responses in one easy-to-read thread
- Groups - Group contacts into personalized Live Tiles to see the latest status updates and quickly send a text, email, or IM to the whole group, right from the Start screen
- Deeper social network integration - Twitter and LinkedIn feeds are now integrated into contact cards, Facebook events into your calendar and upload to all of these networks directly from your Camera app
Windows® Phone is fun
- A Games Hub to bring your Xbox LIVE® Avatar to life
- Play and sync all your favourite multimedia with the integrated Zune® media player
- Download and browse tons of apps and games in the fastest growing mobile Marketplace, now with over 50,000 apps
Windows® Phone is smart
- Windows® Phone best-in-class mobile Microsoft® Office Mobile experience
- Multitask and quickly switch between multiple open Apps running in the background while preserving battery life and performance
- Group multiple inboxes, including MS Exchange, to one live tile to get instant updates and cut through the clutter
Why go Windows® Phone with TELUS?
Because you get:
Upgrade your TELUS device to Windows Phone 7.5 today!
- Our Clear and Simple Rate Plans adapt to your voice and data usage. Plus, with no System Access Fee, the price you see is the price you get.
- Learning centers to teach you all about your phone, the first one is on us
- Automatic data usage notifications, so there are no surprises
An amazing mobile experience
- Canada's fastest† coast-to-coast mobile network
- International roaming in over 200 countries
*Must have at least two members on the same account, with a limit of five members per account. All members must reside in the same province.
† Based on TELUS’ tests of data throughput speeds in large Canadian urban centres available from national HSPA+ service providers. Internet access speed provided by the network operator may vary due to the device being used, network congestion, distance from the cell site, local conditions and other factors. Speed on the Internet is beyond the wireless network operator’s control and may vary with your configuration, Internet traffic, website server and management policies, and other factors. Coverage areas are approximate. Actual coverage and network services can vary and are subject to change.
Get the most from your phone
Windows® Phone – Tips/Tricks
2. Less wait. More now.
Capture the moment with no delays by holding down the camera button even when the phone is locked and ensure that the moment doesn't pass you by.
1. Less guessing. More knowing.
When you can't figure out what something does, simply press and hold to reveal hidden menus, rearrange Start tiles, and much more.
4. Less searching. More finding.
Press the search button at any time and receive information relevant to where you are and what you are doing. Bing not only searches the web, but your contacts, emails and marketplace.
3. Less doing. More Done
Type faster on the Windows® Phone keyboard. Use the following tips:
- Press and hold a text box until the large cursor appears, then drag it to the problem spot
- Press and hold the full-stop key to see a pop-up menu with other commonly used punctuation marks
- Press a misspelled word to see suggestions from the built-in dictionary. Press a suggestion to swap it in.