Back to How to
Check for software updates
Keep your tablet running efficiently by using the latest available software.
As of August 2012, a new software version is available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1.
Before you begin
Before you begin, you will need to do the following:
- Ensure that your battery is fully charged, or that your table is connected to a power source.
- Ensure that you have an active Wi-Fi connection.
Back up your tablet before you install the update.
Check for system updates
To check for available software updates, connect to a Wi-Fi network and do the following:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- From the left pane, select About device.
- Tap Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.